Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Here's the deal...

So, as most of you who are reading this know, I deactivated my Twitter last week. While that was mostly brought on by midterm exhaustion and frustration, there were still very valid reasons behind it. I've decided that I'm going to bring my Twitter back... on a few conditions.

1. I am not posting dieting tips or recipes on my Twitter. If I feel like something is worth posting then I'll put it on here. I'll honestly try my hardest to update this consistently. However, I am a real person and I have a very busy, very real life. Twitter and this blog will be coming last on my list of priorities. Sorry I'm not sorry?
2. Unless you have an eating disorder and are looking for someone to confide or talk through some of your struggles with, I am not responding to emails. I will not create shopping lists for you, create personalized workouts for you, or create meal plans for you. So please, don't waste your time. You don't email me, I don't have to take the extra step of sending it to my trash.
3. If you tweet at me and ask me for workouts or recipes, I am actually going to blatantly ignore you. But if you tweet at me with your #dietproblems, that is so fab. I love knowing other people are just as annoyed by the abundance of Taco Bell commercials as I am and will gladly commiserate with you
4. My anonymous instagram was super frustrating for me because everyone was so needy. So, that's gone. Okay... technically it's still there because I don't know how to delete an instagram, but I'm no longer posting on it and I'm working on geting rid of it completely. More than that I will not be posting pictures of anything I make for myself. If they are photo and recipe worthy then they will end up on this blog.

So, did you discover a theme in all of those things? Hopefully? Maybe? If you didn't, that's okay. I'm going to highlight it for you...
I AM NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Y'all, take a peek at my bio on Twitter. I am CLEARLY just here to complain.
Maybe you're going to read this and think that I'm being mean. Maybe I am mean. But I can tell you exactly what I am not. I am not a dietitian. I am not a physical trainer. I am not a personal/professional chef. I am not your mother. I am, however, a 19 year old full time student at an extremely difficult university. I am in a sorority. I am a volunteer at a tutoring center for underprivileged children every week. I am someone who's dieting and working out as much as they can. I am someone who barely has time for their social life. I am someone who really, really enjoys sleep but doesn't get nearly enough of it. I clearly don't have the time or the knowledge to help almost 20,000 strangers.

You guys say I motivate you (which I think is strange.. I don't feel especially motivational) but you need to be motivating yourself. So, I'm going to tell you what to do to motivate yourself more than any moronic "thinspo" or "fitspo" of a girl with a body that you most likely won't be able to get to will ever motivate you.
1. Take a shower. Make it a long one. Relax a little.
2. Get out of the shower. Dry yourself off.
3. Find a large mirror. Drop your towel.
4. Take a long, hard look in the mirror. If you like what you see then kudos to you. If you don't, get off of your ass and start working to change it.

I will not do the work for you, so allow me to introduce you to my BFF, www.google.com
1. Go to the aforementioned search engine
2. Type in things like "healthy recipes", "dieting tips", and "exercises to tone ____". Hit search.
3. Browse through your search results and really read the ones you find interesting or legit.
4. Follow through with the advice you find.
5. Congratulations, you have just become as knowledgeable as I am. Feel free to pat yourself on the back. However, you should probably not reward yourself with food. Just sayin'.

Some of my other besties in my weight loss efforts include but are not limited to: watching food network, looking at the rando stories that pop up on my Yahoo! news, and pinterest.

That is the extent of my advice for now. Snaps for me being back!

XOXO,
@Diet_Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment