Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

VS Fashion Show

Naturally I enjoy nothing more than procrastinating during finals so I decided to share my opinion on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. You know, since you guys asked for my opinion and all. Oh.. wait. Whatever. I do what I want.

Love it or hate it, these women are stunning. Because ...get ready for it... they're models. They get paid to look good. If you happen to be so lucky to have won the genetic lottery and look like you could be struttin' your stuff up there with them then kudos to you. But if not, and you're feeling shitty about it, let's look at some scenarios that arise post show.

- You're feeling blue because it's been all over the internet that Adriana Lima lost her baby weight in like a record breaking 8 weeks post delivery. First off, consider your job depending on you looking good and that job also pays in the millions. How motivated do you think you'd be to get in shape? Furthermore, since it's her JOB to look good she doesn't exactly have other shit to do besides get in shape. She was in the gym for like a minimum of 5 hours a day every day with personal trainers and on an incredibly strict diet. Real people do not have that kind of time. Also, losing baby weight or any weight that fast isn't normal. So if you try to tell yourself that because she did it in 8 weeks you suck at life for not losing your regular weight that fast you need to seriously rethink that.

- You're bummed that you don't look like that in your bra and underwear. In case you weren't aware, all of the runway models for the shows are 5'8" or taller. Of course they look hot as hell in barely anything with their long torsos and long legs and other perfect proportions. The average height for a girl is like 5'4"... Comparing yourself to one of them is just not realistic. I'm not saying that I don't get bitter about how beautiful their bodies are, cause I do. I'm only human. But then I'm like "oh wait I'm barely 5'2" of course I don't look like them" and feel mostly better.

- You become determined to look like one. It's probably not going to happen. You can make yourself look amazing, there's no doubting that. But without the height (or naturally having a longer torso and legs for your height) and workout schedule/personal trainer, you're not going to look like an angel. You also have to realize that baby weight or no baby weight, the models go on all sorts of crazy diets and work out schedules before the show so that they are at their absolute BEST. Adriana once did 9 days of only liquids pre show. Like um hello, hangry?! I mean yeah, their bods still rock the other days of the year but they are literally in their prime for this one event.


All I'm saying is you have to realize that these girls are professionals with atypical bodies. I know I'm guilty of tweeting about being insecure because of them, but no none should let this show seriously impact their life or diet or exercise routine.
ALSO, I still think that Miranda Kerr is one of the most beautiful people to ever live.

XOXO,
@Diet_Problems

P.S. I totally ate a chocolate chip cookie while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment